Offbeat Floating Markets Food Tour
Chinese Version is available
Turn back in time and visit authentic floating markets. As waterways play an important part of traditional Thai life. On this full day excursion, we bring you back in time to experience Samut Songkram, the last Venice of the East in Thailand. You will explore charming local communities, visit three traditional floating markets, have a wow moment at the unique train markets, and taste unique local delicacies made with freshest local ingredients. On this one day excursion, you will be soaked into the real tradition of Thai culinary culture and get the complete experience of floating markets like an insider. Just Book Now!
- Immerse yourself in Thai way of life and culinary culture
- Experience 3 unique floating markets, including the authentic Tha Kha Floating market, where local farmers meet to exchange their produces
- Enjoy a ride on a row boat in a coconut farm and learn about the traditional technique of coconut sugar making
- Taste farm-fresh local specialties such as roasted banana with sweet dip and local specialties such as mackerel fried rice
- Explore Amphawa floating market, the best spot to sample Thai snacks and sweets
- Stop by the amazing train markets, the only market in the world that is set up on the train track.
- Visit the marvelous “unseen in Thailand” Bangkung temple
- 17+ delicious food & drink samples mentioned in the program (enough for the whole day meal)
- Pick up and drop off service from and to your accommodation
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- VIP van transportation and your personal driver
- All activity fees as mentioned in the program
- Complimentary basic medical insurance
What's not included?
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price.
Private Tour Option
This tour is also available as a private option.
For your information, the itinerary of the "Private" Offbeat Floating Markets Food Tour is identical to that of the Join-in one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide )and the tour starting time is more flexible. On this private tour, you can decide your own starting time ranging from 6.00 am – 7.00 am. We can’t start the tour later than 7.00 am because of tight weekend traffic.
*Note: This price is per person.
|Number of guests
|Price Per Person THB
What people say about this tour
I travelled with a group of colleagues as part of a recent work conference in Bangkok and we decided to book this tour. We all enjoyed it and think it is a great introduction to thai food for those who are new to the cuisine. We visited several floating markets and the train market, all worth doing if a little touristic. However we did not visit Damnoen Saduak the most touristy one and i was not unhappy about that. The ones we visited were a lot more authentic. Olive our guide pointed out all the foods and gave us an excellent overview. A word of warning - there was lots of food to sample! Go with an empty stomach and on a day where you don't need an evening meal. There was plenty to eat. In fact we had to ask Olive to cut down portion sizes as we had a dinner planned that night and we were already full after the 3rd stop with a biger meal planned.DeeDeePop, TripAdvisor |
During the former we have been able to visit 5 different markets, and specially the Maeklong Railway Market and the Tha Kha Market have been unique experience.Stefano O, TripAdvisor |
We were off to a floating market where we got an amazing meal, and a ride through a coconut farm by longboat. This was a life experience. We met the village elders who made the coconut sugar, and got to tour their village by boat. After that we went to a different town to enjoy more amazing and authentic Thai food. The tour made 5 stops in all and every stop was magical and amazing.Bradjumper, TripAdvisor |
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Bangkok Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Offbeat Floating Markets Food Tour:
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.