Yaowarat Street Food Tour (Chinatown)
Yaowarat, Bangkok’s Chinatown, is the World’s most renowned street food destination and the local favorite dining district. On this early night adventure, we bring to you discover the sophisticated flavors of Bangkok’s 200 years old community that is rich with Thai-Chinese tradition & delicious food. During the tour you will walk to explore & taste local cuisines from 7 famous eateries, varied from street food vendors to renowned Thai-Chinese diners. Between each tasting location, you will get behind-the-scene exposure of this unique neighborhood: meeting the food bazaar’s lively characters, hearing its memorable stories, and visiting religious and cultural landmarks. It’s our goal to provide you with a delicious and unique adventure that will highlight your Bangkok trip with the most memorable foodie experience.
Follow the wolf pack. With lots of thing to see and a large variety of foods to choose from, even Thais from other parts of the country found it difficult to navigate themselves in Yaowarat. Our 3.5 hours tour aims to help visitors unveil the secret of Chinatown through its various tastes and fascinating tradition. As recommended by CNN Travel, our Yaowarat Street Food Tour is just a perfect trail for those seeking to experience Bangkok’s must-visit streets as you have already seen in numerous of travel shows and big-hit movies, including Hangover Part II.
- Experience behind-the-scene insights of Yaowarat by Bangkok locals
- Tastes variety of most mouth-watering fares Yaowarat has to offer
- Support local communities in a fun way
- Learn about tradition and entertaining stories of one of the oldest neighborhoods in Bangkok
- Discover real Thai culinary culture at night
- An amazingly delicious and 100% local experience
- 7 tasting locations and 10+ yummy food and drink samples (enough for full dinner)
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- Fun & informative guided walking tour, including visits local landmarks in Yaowarat neighborhood.
- Bangkok Food Guide
What's not included?
- Transportation from and to our meeting place (our meeting place is easily reached via MRT)
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price.
Private Tour Option
This tour is also avaiable as a private option.
For your information, the itinerary of this "private" tour is identical to that of the "Join-in" one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide )and the tour starting time is more flexible. On this private tour, you can decide your own starting time ranging from 5.30 pm – 7.00 pm. We can’t start the tour later than 7.00 pm as our partner restaurants will close. The tour will take around 3.5 hours.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “ Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests
||6 - 12 pax
|Price Per Person THB
What people say about this tour
My wife and I did the night food tour with Lucy. She was extremely knowledgeable and took us to all the local hot spots in China town. Most places we went to had a table ready for us which was nice. Lucy also took much care of us when crossing the street as she would always step out first.Robert M, TripAdvisor
We are a family group of 6 and did a private food tour of Chinatown. Our guide spoke clear English and was cheerful and fun. We got caught in a rain storm but she bought us all ponchos and we kept going. It was great fun and memorable. We stopped at 7 places and sampled many dishes we would not have otherwise tried. We liked the food stops so much we even went back to the Canton House the next day to eat more Dim Sum. Highly recommend this tour.kenmary123, TripAdvisor
Miss Olive was a wonderful guide. She was knowledgeable about the history of Chinatown and shared the lifestyle of the Thai people with us. We had our 11 year old son with us and she made sure to accommodate him as much as possible. She showed us traditional (older generation) foods and asked us if we'd like to try them.PLazar, TripAdvisor
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Bangkok Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Yaowarat Street Food Tour (Chinatown):
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.