Yaowarat Street Food Tour (Chinatown)
Yaowarat, Bangkok’s Chinatown, is the World’s most renowned street food destination and the local favorite dining district. On this early night adventure, we bring to you discover the sophisticated flavors of Bangkok’s 200 years old community that is rich with Thai-Chinese tradition & delicious food. During the tour you will walk to explore & taste local cuisines from 7 famous eateries, varied from street food vendors to renowned Thai-Chinese diners. Between each tasting location, you will get behind-the-scene exposure of this unique neighborhood: meeting the food bazaar’s lively characters, hearing its memorable stories, and visiting religious and cultural landmarks. It’s our goal to provide you with a delicious and unique adventure that will highlight your Bangkok trip with the most memorable foodie experience.
Follow the wolf pack. With lots of thing to see and a large variety of foods to choose from, even Thais from other parts of the country found it difficult to navigate themselves in Yaowarat. Our 3.5 hours tour aims to help visitors unveil the secret of Chinatown through its various tastes and fascinating tradition. As recommended by CNN Travel, our Yaowarat Street Food Tour is just a perfect trail for those seeking to experience Bangkok’s must-visit streets as you have already seen in numerous of travel shows and big-hit movies, including Hangover Part II.
- Experience behind-the-scene insights of Yaowarat by Bangkok locals
- Tastes variety of most mouth-watering fares Yaowarat has to offer
- Support local communities in a fun way
- Learn about tradition and entertaining stories of one of the oldest neighborhoods in Bangkok
- Discover real Thai culinary culture at night
- An amazingly delicious and 100% local experience
- 7 tasting locations and 10+ yummy food and drink samples (enough for full dinner)
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- Fun & informative guided walking tour, including visits local landmarks in Yaowarat neighborhood.
- Bangkok Food Guide
What's not included?
- Transportation from and to our meeting place (our meeting place is easily reached via MRT)
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price.
Private Tour Option
This tour is also avaiable as a private option.
For your information, the itinerary of this "private" tour is identical to that of the "Join-in" one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide )and the tour starting time is more flexible. On this private tour, you can decide your own starting time ranging from 5.30 pm – 7.00 pm. We can’t start the tour later than 7.00 pm as our partner restaurants will close. The tour will take around 3.5 hours.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “ Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests
||6 - 12 pax
|Price Per Person THB
What people say about this tour
I did the 6-9pm food tour of Chinatown with Olive who was a fantastic guide. Amazing food along 7 stops and I strongly recommend this tour with Olive.Ferdy M, TripAdvisor |
Booked this tour for my friends birthday and first tour in Thailand and so glad we did it. All of the food stops at 3 different restaurants were delicious. Be hungry before going and you will eat more than enough. It included additional site seeing stops and desserts. Tuk Tuk at night was a great alternative to a bar for evening experience. They do it at night because most street food vendors in Chinatown do not open until 6pm. Would go againMichele R, TripAdvisor |
Highly recommend to anyone thinking about booking a food tour! Olive was such a great tour guide! Everything was so organized. We ate at 7 different places. We didn't have to wait in any lines because she already had priority at all the vendors we visited. It was like having a "fast pass" in Chinatown :) she thoroughly explained everything you were eating, made sure we were as safe as possible, provided hand cleaning products, and gave us a great explanation of the history of Chinatown. And she was super funny!kellijozahn, TripAdvisor |
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Bangkok Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Yaowarat Street Food Tour (Chinatown):
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.