Thonburi Food & Canals Adventure (Combo Food + Boat Tour)
Thonburi was once an old capital of Thailand Situated on the other side of Chaopraya “the River of Kings” from Bangkok’s downtown, Thonburi still preserves the charm, value, and tradition from its glorious day. It is a very last plot of land in Bangkok where people still work on agriculture and fruit farming and commutes on extensive waterways. Join us on this slow-life travel as we bring you to explore Thonburi for its food, facts, and flourishing communities. Certainly, there is no better way to explore the area than a ferry ride on Thonburi’s scenic canals while enjoy the local best eats along the way.
Get off the beaten to the Thonburi and the next 5 hours with us will surely change your perspective of Bangkok. We meet easily at BTS Talat Phlu Station. Then, after a short transfer by a local ride, we will visit one of the best known neighborhood for local foodies – Talat Phlu. Visit the district’s sacred temples and a local fresh market. Enjoy tastings original local Thai breakfast including Tom Leod Moo and original Thai coffee. Then, its time to explore deep inside Thonburi with its fascinating canal networks. Along the way, we will stop at the Artist house and another local eatery. Then, our ferry will bring you circle around for more scenic and we will drop off at Wat Rakang area. Visit Wat Rakang Kositaram, one of the most blessing religious sites for Bangkok locals. You food journey with us will end with a journey through Wang Lang food markets where you will have a chance to try various Thai regional cuisines, from Central, Northeastern, to Street food. At the end of the day, we sure you will be fall in love with Thonburi as we do. We will finish the tour at Tha Chang Pier. It will be a good opportunity for you to visit the Grand Palace after the tour.
- Explore the charisma of Thonburi’s canals and experience locals' daily life by longtail boat
- Try the best “ Tom Leod Moo” while sipping a Thai style coffee in the middle of a busy local fresh market. This allows you to get to know how local people spend a quality time on breakfast.
- Get a bite of a famous Thai layer cake and learn about this “auspicious” snack
- Try the award winning “Choo Chee River Prawn”, one of the menu that won at the Iron Chef Thailand Competition.
- Savor the taste and learn about various regional Thai cuisines.
- Explore Thonburi’s best charming markets famous for local foodies.
- Enjoy amazingly delicious and 100% local experiences with friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- A fun boat ride during the tour
- 10+ delicious food & drink tastings as mentioned in the program (enough for big brunch)
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- Complimentary basic medical insurance
- Bangkok Food Guide Leaflet
What's not included?
- Pick up and drop off service (our meeting place is easily reached via public BTS sky train system). Our tour will be ended at Tha Chang Pier. It will be a good opportunity for you to visit the Grand Palace after the tour. Otherwise, our guide can advise you to go to the train station.
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price.