Bangkok Bites & Bike Tour
Bangkok is often dubbed a food capital of the world. Every corner is packed with restaurants, local eateries, and of course, Bangkok’s famous street food stalls. The best way to learn Thai gastronomic culture is to taste various styles of Thai dish while wander into streets and alleys to see Bangkok’s culinary environs. Therefore, we team up with our friend at Follow Me Bike Tour to offer you a special program that brings you off the well-worn tourist path to experience variegated culinary scenes as well as a multitude of Bangkok historical sites. It’s a food tasting in the morning to become a Thai Food insider as we take you on our food & cultural walk, plus cycling tour in the afternoon to explore the city via a fun bicycle ride, all in one day! Our goal to make sure that you come to us as a guest, but leave as a friend.
- Take morning behind-the-culinary scene adventure to experience local sights and flavors of the 100 year-old Bangrak neighborhood.
- Learn about Thai food, local Thai restaurants and interesting Bangkok stories
- Meet the local restaurant owners, hear their memorable stories and taste their delicious food samples, the menu that have been continued for many decades.
- See different sides of Bangkok from a local perspective.
- Enjoy an afternoon bike ride to experience the profusion of color, scents and smells of the massive Bangkok fruits, vegetables, local markets and of course historical sites that few tourists ever visit.
- Explore old town Bangkok, Chinatown and a flower market
- Finish the day at Follow Me’s club house, where you can relax with the complimentary fish spa and cool drinks and free internet spot.
- Full day of fun and savory
- An amazingly delicious and 100% local experience
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed local tour guide
- 12+ delicious food and drink samples mentioned in the program (enough for the whole day meal)
- Fish spa and Free Internet (at the end of the tour)
- Bicycle and Helmet for your afternoon bike ride with tour guide
- All admission fee for activities and attractions mentioned in the program
- Bangkok Food Guide
What's not included?
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price.
What people say about this tour
This is basically a combination of a food morning walk followed in the afternoon by a bike ride with Follow Me. The_stoddarts, TripAdvisor |
The morning is a walking tour around the area of Bangrak visiting five different local restaurants (for me, these were ones that I have walked past many times and so it was great to actually be taken through some of their food options). There were at least two tasting (some quite large portions) at each restaurant together with two snacks bought along the way to try. The walking pace is gentle (particularly given we were walking in around 36 degrees) and if you have any dietary requirements (eg: I am a vegetarian), then the food choices were adapted to suit. We had curries, noodles, custard buns and finished all this with superb coconut sorbet.
The afternoon is a bike tour, using bikes from Follow Me, which are well maintained and gives you the opportunity to sample a couple of Bangkok’s roads together with a lot of back street cycling pasting through narrow alleys, through a flower market and part of Chinatown.
A highly recommended day trip.
Private Tour Option
The itinerary of the Bangkok Bites & Bike Tour is identical to that of the Join-in one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide )and the tour starting time is more flexible. On this private tour, you can decide your own starting time ranging from 10.30 am – 2.30 pm. We can’t start the tour later than 2.30 pm as our partner restaurants close at dinner time.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “ Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests
|Price Per Person THB
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Bangkok Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Bangkok Bites & Bike Tour:
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.