Historic Bangrak Food Tasting and Culture Tour
Awarded Thailand’s Best Tour Program in 2013, our original Historic Bangrak Food Tour let you become a Thai food expert in a few hours! Join us as we bring you to explore amazing tastes and sights of Bangrak, A.K.A. Village of Love, the century-old culinary neighborhood. Our 3.5-hour signature food tour combines delectable food tasting with off-the-beaten sightseeing. As the most popular culinary tour in Thailand, this tour is a delicious and fun way to explore Bangkok just like a local.
Experience Mom & Pop Food Culture - Bangrak is the district famous among Thais for its diverse local flavors. The area is a true melting pot, where you can find Thai delicacies from various regions and ethnicities. As we journey along our easy-to-walk route, you will meet and engage with restaurant owners, sample their generations-old artisanal recipes, and visit fascinating local attractions hidden away from major tourist path. Not only you will get full exposure to the Thai gastronomic tradition but your visit will also be a great support to local community.
- Experience local daily life
- Tastes mom and pop cuisines that have been served to locals for 30+ years in Bangrak neighborhood
- Savor diverse flavors of regional and ethnic Thai cuisines
- Cross the river in a local way to taste the best Northeastern Thai food
- Support local communities in a unique and entertaining way
- Master the art of how to order food from street carts
- An amazingly delicious and 100% local experience
- 5 authentic tasting locations and 12+ delicious food and drink samples (enough for big lunch)
- Experienced, friendly and entertaining local guide
- Fun & informative guided walking tour, including visits local landmarks.
- Bangkok Food Guide
What's not included?
- Transportation from and to our meeting place
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price.
Private Tour Option
This tour is also available as a private option
The itinerary of the Historic Bangrak Food Tasting & Culture Tour is identical to that of the Join-in one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide )and the tour starting time is more flexible. On this private tour, you can decide your own starting time ranging from 9.35 am – 1.00 pm. We can’t start the tour later than 1.00 pm as our partner restaurants close at dinner time.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “ Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests
|Price Per Person THB
What people say about this tour
We tasted Thai dishes I had never heard of and probably can't get in the US unless I prepare them myself. Nonetheless, everything and every place she took me was excellent. With a running commentary in fluent English on the regional nature of the cuisines I was sampling, Tiny also filled in lots of details about Thai culture, both around food and other aspects of life. Overall, this was one of the best food tours I've taken, and Tiny's caring and attentive guidance made it all possible. A must do activity in Bangkok!FredRo1948, TripAdvisor
Did the local food tour around Bangrak on Aug 9. Get ready to eat for 4-5 hours, but the tour takes your to 5-7 different places and even across the river. Everything is well paced so you have a short walk in between every tasting, yet manageable in the Bangkok heat.DinhoGeneve, TripAdvisor
We were especially happy with the variety and quality of the food we were able to try and there was no way we would have found so many wonderful hidden gems on our own. Some of our personal favorites were the mataba at the 2nd stop, lemongrass chicken at the 3rd stop, & pandanus custard buns at the 4th stop. We will definitely be recommending this to friends who visit Bangkok!jonpohl, TripAdvisor
I had a food coma at the end of the tour due to all the great food!Krissa M, TripAdvisor
I recommend, skip breakfast if you're joining this tour.
What happens after my online booking?
After completing your booking on our website, you will receive 2 confirmation emails below.
1. An automated receipt of payment from Paypal
2. An automated booking confirmation containing a guideline to the meeting place and meeting time of each tour. The guideline will help you on the direction to meet us at the meeting place.
In case, you don't see any of these 2 emails within 2 hours after booking, please check your junk mail inbox. If you still can't find it, please simply contact us at "email@example.com"
Should you choose to cancel a booking, Bangkok Food Tours must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for Historic Bangrak Food Tour:
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.